Steve Young Law Enforcement Legislative Advocacy CenterThe Fraternal Order of Police is the largest organization of law enforcement professionals in the United States. The FOP maintains an office in Washington, D.C. on Capitol Hill, where a full-time professional staff actively lobbies Congress and the Administration on the issues most important to rank-and-file law enforcement officers. The National Legislative Program is the most active and comprehensive of any law enforcement organization in Washington.
Log in to the Members area to enter the Washington Watch: Grassroots Action Network. Get involved today to help the FOP move our top legislative priorities through the U.S. Congress and find out what you can do in your State!
Model Questionnaire for 2014 Congressional Candidates
Day on the Hill 2014: Legislative Briefing Book
Information on the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act (LEOSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on LEOSA as amended by H.R. 4310 UPDATED
- Text of S. 1132 as enacted into law
- Text of Committee Report 111-233
- Text of H.R. 218 as enacted into law
- Attorney General Memorandum: Guidance on the Application of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 to Current and Retired Department of Justice Law Enforcement Officers
- Archived information on H.R. 218
- Memo to Federal DoD Officers from Chairman of Federal Officers' Committee (03/04/11)
- Memo to Federal DoD Officers from Chairman of Federal Officers' Committee (10/15/10)
- Letter from National President Canterbury to Robert M. Gates, U.S. Secretary of Defense
- Letter from National President Canterbury to Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
For more information or elaboration, please do not hesitate to contact the National FOP Legislative Office.
Washington, D.C. StaffJim Pasco, Executive Director
Tim Richardson, Senior Legislative Liaison
Marie Carchedi, Legislative Liaison
Janis Gross, Administrative Assistant
328 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
(202) 547-8189 Phone
(202) 547-8190 Fax